Thursday, February 4, 2016

THE ZION TRAIL by Marsha Ward


I’ve been given the great opportunity to read Marsha Ward’s new historical fiction, The Zion Trial, debuting February 19th

Set in the late nineteenth century, it’s a story about fifteen-year-old Elijah Marshall’s conversion to the Mormon church, an action not readily accepted back then, by his neighbors, or even by some of his family members.  


I feel a certain empathy to the Marshall family and their difficult trials. Marsha Ward's genius rises to her highest peak in The Zion Trial, with spot-on period terminology and meticulous attention to detail. It pulled me back to that time when my Fourth-Great-grandfather Edson Whipple, and his family converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and took that Zion trail, and beyond, all because of their faith in Jesus Christ.

If you'd like to read some snippets from The Zion Trail, please go to Marsha's blog, Writer in the Pines. And stay tuned for more information on when you can buy a copy! 

Read daily!

4 comments:

Jimmy Kerin said...

Wow, what a blog! I mean, you just have so much guts to go ahead and tell it like it is. Youre what blogging needs, an open minded superhero who isnt afraid to tell it like it is. This is definitely something people need to be up on. Good luck in the future, man
ContractExpress Consultants

Jr. Williams said...

I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often.
Book Review Help

Jr. Williams said...

I think most people would agree with your article. I am going to bookmark this web site so I can come back and read more articles. Keep up the good work!
e-learning teacher resume

Jack Edward said...

I really love your weblog, Its great to find not absolutely everyone is just posting a ton of rubbish these days!
assignment writing service uk

SNOWDRIFT a romance novel

I have a new novel on pre-order. Snowdrift is my first romance, and I love the characters so much!  Here is what the story is about....