Saturday, October 13, 2012

Souls in Peril winner!

It is a beautiful Saturday morning here in southern Arizona! The weather is in the 70s, and it's only October. Love it! There's so much promise in the air, with so many books to read, and so many stories to write. 

I probably should be more depressed than I am, considering I received bad news yesterday. Six weeks ago Shadow Mountain requested my full manuscript of Bucket List of Hope to read in consideration of their new Proper Romance line. I knew it would be a tough competition, but I had high hopes. They were dashed yesterday when I got the rejection email. The short critique told me that story was slow and predictable. It was a romance! You know, girl gets boy. Girl loses boy. Girl gets boy in the end. Every romance is predicable, right? Sighs. I guess I have another story to rewrite. 

Congratulations to Joyce P. Smith for being the winner of the Souls in Peril drawing! I will contact you as soon as I find your email address. ;D

Have a wonderful weekend! 

3 comments:

Andrew Leon said...

Well, you know, keep working on it. What's predictable to one person is not always predictable to someone else.
But, then, I don't read romances.

Debra Allen Erfert said...

Evidently I don't either, very well, anyway. But I will keep working on it. Thanks.

Melanie Goldmund said...

So sorry to hear about your rejection! I hope you get some good news soon.

I WON!! KINDLE SCOUT campaign A STRANGE TWIST OF FATE Part 3

I got an email from the Kindle Scout program! I made it! After 30 days of a campaign where A Strange Twist of Fate continuously stayed o...