Saturday, September 1, 2012

And the winner IS . . .

Before I tell who will receive the wonderful Kindle e-gift card, I want to relive the process of selecting the winner. I tell you, it wasn't easy. Not that I necessarily had any preference on who I wanted to get the card (although one of the commenters is near and dear to my heart). No, sir and or ma'am! I want everyone to read Sariah's new book--I loved it so much. But I'm a struggling writer myself and I can't afford to buy everyone who entered a copy for their very own.

The process:
1) I printed out each comment from readers.
2) Folded them into four equal parts.
3) Placed them into Mike's official Boy Scout hat, you know, the one that has the wide brim all the way around it. (I couldn't find his cowboy hat)
4) Placed said official Boy Scout hat on a soft pillow on the floor.
5) Waited for our precious polydactyl kitten to curiously play with contents and pull one slip of paper out.
6) Waited for our precious polydactyl kitten to curiously play with contents and pull one slip of paper out. (No this wasn't an accidental repeat)
7) Found small laser light (Polly's favorite toy) and lured her to the hat.
8) Lured Polly to the hat.
9) Got tired of luring Polly to the hat.
*sighs*

All in all, Polly had a good workout, sliding around the tile floor chasing the small red dot, but all I got was a cramp in my hand from holding the button down on the laser light. Finally, after hearing one too many chuckles coming from Mike, I dropped the laser on the table and picked up his hat from the floor. Holding the hat above his head, I had Mike pluck a single paper out, and he handed it to me--thus creating a winner!

Oh, and the winner of Sariah Wilson's The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back is ...

Stephanie Black!!!

Congratulations, Stephanie. As a consolation, everyone else now may click on over to Amazon and buy Sariah's e-book and have a good read on this beautiful Saturday. Stephanie, I will be emailing you your e-gift card today.  

7 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

Yay!!! Thank you so much! This is awesome! I'm looking forward to reading Sariah's book!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Congrats to Sariah! Your story made me smile. =D

Shaunna said...

There is a moral to this story... Never expect a puttycat to do your putty work for you, especially with an able bodies man around!

Shaunna said...

*bodied
(You wouldn't want him thinking you have more than one man around the house!) You'd never, ever get anything done!

Valerie Ipson said...

I'm sure Stephanie appreciates your hard work in choosing the winner!

Tina Scott, author, artist said...

YAY Stephanie! I'm so happy for you! But so sad for me:( No, really, congratulations! And thank you Debra for hosting this fun contest!

Sariah Wilson said...

Debra, thank you so much for the contest. :) Stephanie, I hope you enjoy and congrats! And Donna, thank you. I'm glad you liked it!