Thursday, January 5, 2012

January--The Month of New Beginnings

Running hasn't been a word in my vocabulary for many years. Walking at a semi-steady pace--maybe. But I've always had a destination in mind since I tripped my way through my first manuscripts eight years ago. 
I want to have my stories published.
Back in 1993 I didn't know about self-publishing. I didn't know Marsha Ward, or about American Night Writers Association either. Now I know . . . oh, so many more things than I did back then. My dreams are the same, but I can run after them much faster now. My fingers fly across the computer keyboard, barely keeping up with my imagination. I have finished manuscripts stacked, waiting to be queried, and works-in-progress still blooming like winter flowers. 
When I said I haven't run in years, I didn't mean metaphysically. Over the past three months of dieting, my husband and I have lost a combined 60 pounds. Not bad. We've found that runner's rhythm, and while I chase my dream of publishing, we'll run toward our goal of a healthy weight and life together.    
If you want to get some great recipes, go here and you'll find something delicious without heavy calories. 

2 comments:

Heather B. Moore said...

Great analogies :-) I haven't set my 2012 goals yet, but I really like your perspective.

Debra Erfert said...

Thanks, Heather!

SNOWDRIFT a romance novel

I have a new novel on pre-order. Snowdrift is my first romance, and I love the characters so much!  Here is what the story is about....