Thursday, August 25, 2011

Third Writers' Platform Building Campaign

Today I read one of my favorite blogs. Julie Coulter Bellon is always so insightful and fun. This morning I found she'd joined a challenge sponsored over at Rachael Harrie's, Rach Writes.


Campaign runs from August 22, 2011 to October 31, 2011. The sign-ups have already started and will close to Campaigners on August 31st. Don't wait. Just do it!

This is Rachael's third campaign, and it will be my first. I will advertise this as best I can because as a writer I think we all need to stretch our reach out as wide as possible, get to know as many other writers as we can, or our world stays very confined and stale. I went to a small college. The campus couldn't have been more than five acres in total, including the athletic area. My husband attended a major university, and the difference in the way everything feels is . . . enormous. I don't just mean that it takes a car to drive from your last class to the library, but his school feels like a city, and mine? well, like a department store. While we both got our degrees, the contacts and friendships we made were on vastly different scales.

Rach said, ". . . the Campaign is a way to link those of us in the writing community together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms. The Campaigners are all bloggers in a similar position, who genuinely want to pay it forward, make connections and friends within the writing community, and help build each others' online platforms while at the same time building theirs."

Right now I'm living in a small writing world, but I want to reach out and get to know other writers. So, go to Rach's blog (click on the link in the sidebar and it will take you straight to Rach Writes) and join before it's too late, and then pop over to Julie's and see her blog's new look. (go to the side bar and click on LDSWriterMom)

25 comments:

Sher A. Hart said...

I'm so new to ANWA, I don't yet feel enclosed. But its always good to visit the neighbors and make new friends, especially in the mission field. Going over right now.

Debra Erfert said...

Welcome to ANWA, Sher. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Lady Gwen said...

Hi Debra,
I'm a new follower and fellow campaigner - just stopping by to introduce myself and say, "hey!"

Cheree said...

Hi fellow campaigner! Nice to meet you.

raelynbarclay said...

Hello,

I'm making my rounds through my Campaigner groups. Nice to meet you :)

featherpenstartandreams said...

I see Raelyn's been here. lol. Also a fellow Campaigner. I too, am in a small community and there are few writers that I know of in the area beyond those who write for the local paper.

I also see we have a writer in common. Shelli Proffitt Howells. We're in the same group on Farland's Writers Group.

Hope to "see" you around!
Melanie

Claire Robyns said...

Hi there, I'm also brand new to this campaign and looking forward to hanging out here at your blog

Kerri Cuev said...

Stopping by to say hello!

Rosie Lane said...

Fellow campaigner stopping by to say hello. I'm in your paranormal group.

Angie Cothran said...

I'm in your Romance Campaign group. I'm just stopping in to say Hi :)

Tara said...

Hey there. Dropping in from the campaign to say hi.

*waves*

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Add me to the list of campaigners stopping by to say hi!

Kathi

Heather Justesen said...

We have lots of good company on the campaign this year! I'm excited to get to know so many new writers.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Hello there! Thought I'd stop by from the campaign to say hello!
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Nicole Basaraba said...

Fellow writer introducing myself. I'm liking your blog already.

Tracy Krauss said...

I just 'met' up with Julie C B earlier today. Fancy that! I'm also a campaigner in the romantic suspense group. Following you now :)

Christy said...

Hello Debra,
Pleasure to meet you. Stopping by from your romantic suspense group to say hello;)

Debra Erfert said...

Hello everybody!!! I wasn't ignoring you, I was on a slow, and totally wonderful cruise to Alaska this past week. The high temps were in the mid 50's, and I live in the low desert where the air was a sizzling 117 degrees when we left. Ouch! But! I am so happy to get home and get to know my fellow campaigners and get that first challenge under my belt.

J.L. Campbell said...

Stopping over from the romantic suspense group. Nice to 'meet' you.

Chris Eboch said...

Hi from the campaign! I’m also in Group 43 - Romantic Suspense, which I write as Kris Bock. I focus on writing craft at Write Like a Pro! A Free Online Writing Workshop: http://chriseboch.blogspot.com/

Deniz Bevan said...

Welcome, fellow campaigner!

ajkulig said...

I am in you paranormal group and I accidently missed that group when I followed everyones blog. I am trying to get caught up now. Sorry!!

Debbie said...

Hi Debra. Another campaigner here in your paranormal group. It's a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to seeing more of you during the campaign.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Just missing you these days and wanted to drop in and see if you made it home safe and sound. *hugs* :)

Jolene Perry said...

I've never officially participated in this, but a TON of people I know have, and it's always fun to jump around and meet new people :D

I WON!! KINDLE SCOUT campaign A STRANGE TWIST OF FATE Part 3

I got an email from the Kindle Scout program! I made it! After 30 days of a campaign where A Strange Twist of Fate continuously stayed o...