Monday, August 8, 2011

Book Review Wednesday

I can’t believe a whole week has gone by and it’s time for another book review. I’ve been able to write the cover letter for my manuscript, and stared at the empty screen where a two-page summary is supposed to be. (sighs) This week I’m spotlighting a fun story by Betsy Love, http://sweetbetsylove.blogspot.com/ entitled IDENTITY.

Disclaimer: I bought this e-book myself! The following is not a paid endorsement!

This is the book blurb if I was reading the back page.

While vacationing in Mexico, two similar-looking young women find themselves caught in a chain reaction of mistaken identities. Amelia is a wealthy heiress and business owner, and Savannah is a sweet Mormon girl deciding whether or not to serve a mission. When they end up on the same flight to Phoenix, Savannah and Amelia unravel the sequence of events that wreaked havoc on their trips, and they make plans to resolve the subsequent misunderstandings. But their flight is cut short when the plane crashes, killing one of the young women and plunging the other into a world of intrigue and deceit where identity means everything.

Wow! I thought this was an intriguing idea for a story, and I clicked my way over to Amazon to buy my copy for my Kindle the very first day it became available. I was curious how Betsy would intertwine the two women’s life in a realistic enough way it wouldn’t sound too coincidental or contrived, but really? she did a fabulous job. Her great storytelling ability kept me wondering through to the end which woman survived and why she was in terrible danger. I won’t tell you how it ends, except that I loved it, and I’m sure you will too.

The e-version had a few formatting problems throughout the book, but they weren’t bad enough to interfere with my enjoyment of the story.

Betsy Love is a high school English teacher who loves hanging out with her family, writing and storytelling.

3 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

Cool!

I do love her premise, sounds like fun :D

Marsha Ward said...

This sounds like a must-read book!

Marsha Ward
Writer in the Pines

Debra Erfert said...

It really is a good story. I hope you read it. And thanks for commenting on my little blog.

I WON!! KINDLE SCOUT campaign A STRANGE TWIST OF FATE Part 3

I got an email from the Kindle Scout program! I made it! After 30 days of a campaign where A Strange Twist of Fate continuously stayed o...