Friday, November 19, 2010

A new WINDOWS

I finished my novel this past Tuesday, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I should be excited, but I've been here before. I've been working on this manuscript in one version or another since 2004. I think I like this one the best. The length is more publishable, only 73,000 words instead of the original 267,000 plus. I love the way the characters have come along. And I write like I know what I'm doing. All signs of maturity. It’s shown that I've grown into my desired role as author.

I had Kinko’s print out the manuscript and bind it before I sent it to my sister, Judi, in Albuquerque. She said she’d read if for me. But Judi’s coming from the view of a reader and not a critiquer, so this will be interesting. I also sent an e-copy of it to my older son’s girlfriend in Utah. Kate is a businesswoman and sharper than anyone I know. We’ll see how willing she is about being blunt when it comes to critiquing.

I read a blog a couple of months ago about strong female characters in literature, which turned into a very interesting spot on feminism. I think I’ll write about that next time.

1 comment:

Rachael Renee Anderson said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you, Deb! You better keep me posted and I can't wait to interview you one day soon. :) Love ya!

I WON!! KINDLE SCOUT campaign A STRANGE TWIST OF FATE Part 3

I got an email from the Kindle Scout program! I made it! After 30 days of a campaign where A Strange Twist of Fate continuously stayed o...